Uzi's Blogs

Things I learn, observe and try out

Friday, August 19, 2005

Experience with open source office productivity softwares

I have recently switched over to following two greate open source tools:

Sun OpenOffice 1.9.122 (open source replacement for MS Office)
Mozilla Thunderbird (email client)

So far my experience with both of these softwares is quite good.

Besides the above two, following are other open source softwares I am using on my MS Windows platform:

Gaim 1.4.0 (Instant Messaging Tool for Yahoo, MSN and many more)
ASpell (Spell checker)
Mozilla Firefox (Internet browser)
7-Zip (Compression tool handles zip, rar and many more compression algorithms)

Following great softwares are also on my PC (not open source but free):

FlashGet (Download manager)
SmartCVS (although I have purchased professioanl license, but its available for free as foundation version)
Acrobat Reader 7.0
K-Lite Codec Pack (useful collection of mostly used codecs)

Enjoy,

Uzi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home